Hi everybody! Sorry, but if you haven't noticed, it has been a little while since I have written anything in this. I was forbidden by the wife to show this to anyone until she had her pictures up. As you can see, they are up. And I'm back.
Tomorrow we have a doctors appointment, I am 90% sure that we will get to see the little one face to... uh, face? I have a feeling that the little one will moon me or do some other such crude thing to us. It is an O'Neil after all. I'm not really sure what else we do on that visit. The last time we went in was to hear the heartbeat. We were grinning like idiots that day. I just remember that it was REALLY fast. They said the baby was still really small, so how come it needed to beat like that? It's not like the blood had all that far to go. It would be like sprinting from your car to your front door after work, just for the hell of it. Pointless waste of energy. Come to think of it, makes me a little worried. If that's its resting heartrate then what will happen when the kid actually exercises? It's going to be tough to keep the hot dogs away from this lardo.
And on other news in the Should Have Been Told That front. I found out today that when you have a young infant, they can get what was put so eloquently to me as Flat Head. That's right. Flat Head. As in My baby sleeps so much, he now has a Flat Head. "Perfectly normal" they say. I say nay nay. I know the babies head will take on some interesting shapes shortly after birth. THAT is normal and something I will understand as something I can't change. This Flat Head thing went out of style back with the series of Indian tribes in Oregon who actually did this on purpose. This went out of style with them when Lewis and Clark walked up, saw the Flat Heads, and asked them politely "what the fuck?". At this point, the looked at each other and realized they didn't have a good answer, and so they stopped doing it. All of a sudden it is back, not due to style, but due to indifference. How far gone are we as a society when the parents walk in, see a previously round head a wee bit squarish, and just say "it happens". Not this guy. And if it does, expect to see me on the front page, holding a baby and a toilet plunger. You get the idea.
Aga decided to watch the Superbowl with me this year. She took pity on me for my almost complete lack of friends. I will say this, I have never eaten a healthier Superbowl spread in my life. And yes it was delicious. Thank god someone beat Tom Brady, I am so tired of all the Bullsh-
Sorry, I am being reminded that this is a Baby Blog so some of that can wait until I start a Football Blog.
We get to go to Canada at the end of the month for a skiing trip to Mt. Tremblant. This was billed to me as the Whistler Of The East Coast... Except they all speak French. Due to the Wife's status as mothership, she is barred from all skiing activities. Lots of hot cocoa in her future.
On a completely related subject that is in no way a course deviation. I have found the BEST WAY TO MAKE COCOA IN THE WORLD. I swear I am not making this up. Aga has me hooked on Whole Milk. What we used to call HOMO milk back in the day, until some gay cow organization got a problem with it. So I nuke the whole milk until hot, add the cocoa, and (BAM!) put a slight amount of cayenne pepper in it. I mean it when I say slight. I make it in a huge mug with 2 packets of cocoa and even then 1/8th of a teaspoon is too much. It makes it so you don't taste the pepper but you can feel it a little. What a difference it makes. I have a feeling the French/Canadian types might look at me strangely when I order it. But screw them, They're the French ones.
Other than that, we really don't have a whole lot going on. So I will make sure to keep going when we have news.
Oh yeah, I turned 28.
Woot
No comments:
Post a Comment