Maja hasn't nursed since the day she turned 11 months and I'm a little sad about it but she seems to be handling it well. We were down to only one session in the morning when I brought her to bed with us so for the first few days I made sure I didn't bring her in. On saturday though I did and the first thing she did was try lifting up my shirt and got really upset when I didn't let her :(. Good thing we had a formula bottle on hand.
I have learned a few things from my mistakes and next time around I won't go as fast through my freezer stash and if supplementing with formula is needed again, I'll start at nights before I drop any of the daytime sessions.
11 months is quite a long time so even though we stopped sooner then I originally hoped for, I'm happy I was able to overcome the issues in the beginning and make it this far.
At least now I won't continue freaking Jeff out with the possibility of nursing both kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment