Monday, August 15, 2011

Finally a summer with no humidity or mosquitos!

After spending the last 5 years in Georgia and Wisconsin I started dreading summer. It was just impossible to go enjoy your evening without having to take a bath in stinky bug spray ahead of time and the humidity... oh boy! it sucked, especially when pregnant!

So I had been looking forward to our first "real" summer in a long time (even longer then the 5 years given that neither Portland or Seattle are particularly "summery" places)

I think the girls enjoyed it as well. The one thing I'm bummed about is not having taken them to the pool much. Turns out they love water!! I took them once and to my surprise they were very into it... even jumping all by themselves from the edge and I didn't even have to catch them... they'd go under water and back up all on their own :).

We did hit the sprayground several times though


But mostly we just spent a lot of time in our backyard and just had friends over :)



No comments: