Sometimes life gets a little spooky. For weeks now I have been randomly remembering our kitty Rigby who we gave away to friends 2.5 years ago. I kept thinking about how the girls love cats and how they would love having her around. We had no interest in getting another cat but both Jeff and I wished she was still here.
Well, what do you know, I get a random call from a vet in Atlanta out of all places saying they've been contacted by the Humane Society in Green Bay where a cat had been found and her microchip had their info. They got my number and called me (thank goodness I haven't changed my number in all the years we've lived in different places). Obviously it was "our" cat and when we contacted the people who had her, they said she had gotten out month earlier and never came back. They since replaced her and didn't want her back.
We felt so bad for Rigby and I felt guilty as well so we took the leap and decided to bring her back home. The problem was that we were now 2000 miles away from her so that proved to be quite the challenge. I've hit several road blocks through out the process and we only had a few days that the Humane Society was willing to give us but with the help of two wonderful friends we made it work.
One picked her up in Green Bay and put her on a plane to Portland Oregon where another friend picked her up and kept her overnight before I could drive out and get her. I did it the next day (3.5 hrs each way... yikes for an overly pregnant gal!) and finally got her home.
Rigby totally remembers us and even the Kosmo knows who she is. It's amazing to see how quickly she realized she was "home". The girls are beyond excited to have her and so are we. Definitely worth the $450 expense in the process


No comments:
Post a Comment