So this is the continuation of the last post. Enjoy!
Aga and I had a nice trip to the doctors office today. It was time for the big sonogram where they check the babies measurements and can determine what is going on as far as cleft palates and other such things that might complicate things. I gotta say that every time someone has shown me their pictures from the sonogram, it is usually accompanied by a lot of head scratching while they attempt to tell me that this blobby thing is where it is waving at you. Somehow, this baby is in high def, because as soon as they turned on the little unit I was seeing all sorts of cool things. I correctly identified the brainstem, femur, and yes, I even called the kidneys. What neither Aga or I were counting on was the Vagina. We honestly were not wanting to know, but when we got the 3-d pictures done, we saw that in part of the video this baby appeared to have skipped the Irish Curse that has plagued his father, and had what I would have swore was a penis.
So naturally we have been operating on the assumption that Penis = Boy. Now we know we should have been thinking Penis = Umbilical Cord. The tech asked us if we wanted to know. We figured that we might as well make it official, as we were already shaping our purchasing around the fact that it was a boy. So the tech zooms in (on what I hope is the last time that unique camera angle is ever taken of my little girl) to what the professionals call the Hoo-Hah region. "Anyone got a guess on what that is?" she asks.
At this point it is no guess, I glanced at Aga to see someone completely speechless. See, She knew it was going to be a girl as soon as she knew we were pregnant. I might add that she knew we were pregnant before we ever had a positive test, the girl has one heck of a gut feeling. So for months she would swear up and down that it was a girl, until that 3-d picture came along. Now that she was seeing something other than a boy, it was taking a bit to sink in for her. My natural reaction was to get a case of the giggles.
So we are incredibly pleased to announce that we are going to bring one Maja Magdalena O'Neil into the world. She is completely healthy in every way. And as an additional bonus to an already spectacular day, we both got to feel her move about 5 minutes ago. Aga has been feeling her for sure for about 6 days, but nothing major enough for me. Until now, Aga called me in, I put the old bear paw on her stomache and felt my daughter saying Hi to her Daddy for the first time ever. This is truly the best day of my life so far. So I have got to go, see, the new Daddy is a bit emotional right now and is finding it hard to see the computer screen. Hope all is well with everyone, talk at you all later.
No comments:
Post a Comment