Sunday, April 27, 2008

Attack of the Incredible Expanding Belly!!!

So, It's been a while since I last sat down to do this. Aga's bosses took off for a vacation and left their kids behind with her. So I have had a big empty spot next to me in bed. For some reason, while she is there I lay perfectly still at night. I have always attributed this to my time spent on a ship in the Navy. If you move too much there you fall out of your rack, because it is only slightly wider than you are. But with Aga out of our bed, I must have tunneled around in my sleep like some naked mole rat looking for her. I would end up waking with my head not even in the same time zone as where it started, covers strewn about and all the pillows on the floor.

The advantage to this, is that I am really able to see Maja growing. I know that Aga is going to get bigger, but I just wonder how? Where do her kidneys and things go? Is it some kind of March of the Penguins thing where all her internal organs leave the equatorial region and head to the poles? It's no wonder her eating habits have changed, her stomach just became close, intimate friends with her lower intestine. And the result has been picky little Aga eating anything. I don't mean to say that she eats a lot, more like she has only turned down cilantro. No really, thats it, just cilantro. We went to the Cheesecake Factory last night, where she had this chicken/mushroom/pasta dish. Now for years I have complained that my wife doesn't like flavor, that dish was actually very good, she topped it off with a good portion of a chopped veggie salad. This being the South I saw okra, cucumber, onions and all sorts of things that wouldn't have passed those lips 7 months ago. A dish I made was once labeled as tasting "too green". TOO GREEN?!!? What the heck does that mean? I can see too spicy/salty/garlicky/etc., but green is NOT a flavor that I am aware of. Imagine, if you will, that Nadia Comaneci is about to get her historic perfect 10 at the 1976 Montreal Olympics, but France holds up a scorecard that says "orange". You get what I'm saying?

Today we went to something called the "Taste of Marietta". It is a lot like the "Bite of Portland" except I had more fun here. It was definitely leaned toward the barbecued side of life, but that is quite all right. The only odd thing was that they had a tent where Domonique Wilkins was signing autographs. I ate like a fool, as in a round of sushi, fish taco's, grilled tri-tip, and beer. Aga has been in a quest for a good kielbasa ever since we moved here. While I am firmly in the belief that if it says "polish sausage", just keep walking sister, they can't even get the name right. So Aga's eyes glaze over as soon as she sees the sign, so she orders up one that is about as big as a tube of crest, covered in these onions that I couldn't have paid her to eat a short while ago. Yet for some reason she is eating those as well. I know that all I have been wanting for so long is someone that will eat anything with little to no alterations. And now that I have it, I stay pissed because I see she now has the capacity to do it all along. All that other crap was just empty posturing on her part that she can no longer get away with.

No comments: