Monday, June 1, 2009

10 things about Maja at 10 months

Wow... almost a year old! Can you believe it??


1. We have a kisser!!! A bit creepy since she does it with her mouth open but cute nonetheless. If you ask her for a kiss she will lean in and will even kiss her doll. Of course, occasionally she will just slap you but it's all good... that's what she is supposed to do to any boy that tries to kiss her. She is just getting an early start with that :)

2. She has a major case of "Mommyaitis". She only wants Mommy at bedtime and she won't take a bottle from anyone else. Even at the table she prefers that I feed her too. It's been going on for a couple of weeks but we think it may be coming to an end since last night she finally let Daddy put her to bed again. Yay!

3. Napping has gotten really good. We are down to 2 naps a day and they generally last 2 hrs so that's nice. On the other hand, sleeping at night hit the lowest point recently when she started waking up several times and would want to put rocked for an hour (sometimes even 2) at a time. If I tried putting her down, she'd cry :(. For the several night in a row now, she has only been up once (briefly) though and slept from 7:30pm-6:30am.
Sleep in general took a bad turn around the time I got pregnant again so we have been slowly working on getting that perfect sleeper back and I'm happy to say it looks like she is peeking through :)
Oh and she also like to be rocked to sleep which is unusual because she never enjoyed that. It's only been a few weeks but even though it means we can't just put her down and leave anymore, we don't think we will be doing anything about that, since it's so sweet when she cuddles up and we have no problem doing it for her,

4. Her latest favorite game is hiding things under the couch. I find all sorts of stuff down there.

5. She loves to share things with you. Anything she is having, she'd like you to check out. Sometimes she teases too and will take it away before you get a chance of taking it :)

6. Tooth #6 (her top right) is in. I can feel a couple of more on the sides too which may be the cause of her random crankiness.

7. This one isn't exactly new cause she has always been like this but she is taking it to an extreme.... she gets into staring "contests" with people and she seriously will not blink while she checks them out. And now, when she decides she doesn't ike that person she makes the cutest sad face ever and starts crying. I know, I shouldn't find it funny but I do; it's hard not to.

8. She likes to do things for herself these days, like putting the pacifier in her mouth or brushing her teeth

9. Breastfeeding is down to one session per day in the morning. I'm actually sad it happened this way since I didn't intend to be down this early but I never really made a "plan" when we started adding formula at 8 months and took the day time nursing out first. By the time I realized I should have gone with nights first it was too late to recover it :(. Ideally we keep this one session for a while still.

10. She has a new comfort "thing" which is pinching and playing with just about any little bit of bare skin she can find while we rock her to sleep. I am starting to have little bruises and marks all of the place :(. Hopefully it won't last long... her teeth grinding phase seems to over after 3 weeks.

No comments: