It took us 13 hrs and 3 flights but the girls and I made it into town late last night. To top it off, the airline broke our carseat so by the time they gave us a replacement and the taxi arrived to get us it was well after midnight, over an hour after we landed :(.
The girls did great though. I was a little worried because Isla is at that "I don't like to sit still" stage and she was flying as a lap child. And between the flights and the two long layovers there sure was plenty of opportunities for major meltdowns from either of them but none happened :).
Maja did skip her nap and I believe this was the first time ever she has done that but she did all right. During our first layover she enjoyed watching the planes take off:
and we found a pretty awesome playarea they both liked:
Here they are being all cute. Maja insisted on holding Isla's hand to make sure she was ok:
We finally got on the next plane and for the first time ever, Maja got to sit in the big seat by herself since I needed the carseat to put Isla in. She really liked it and even got to watch a movie. Isla on the other hand slept through the majority of that flight which was a nice break after her wiggliness from the prior flight.
Both got a little nutty on the last flight but nothing major... just overly happy which means they are loud and crazy but I'll take that over crying and screaming any day.
They were pretty happy to be back at the house. I think they missed their stuff and so have I. It was nice to sleep in my own bed again






No comments:
Post a Comment