Maja has been watching this show on Netflix called Word World and it's all about letters and their sounds. Maybe it's just a coincidence but not only can she now sing her ABCs but she can tell some letters by the sounds they make. We've also been playing a lot with her bath letters so that helps too.
And she can almost make it counting all the way through 10
It makes me feel just a little better. Since she was born in August we have a choice of keeping her home for an extra year but we won't so she will start kindergarten just a few days after turning 5 and many of her classmates will be almost a full year older.
Sometimes I wonder if making her go in so young will make her struggle later on but given she enjoys learning, is super excited about starting preschool this Fall (I expect lots of tears though!) and overall she seems to keep up pretty well playing with older children I think she will do just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment