Thursday, March 8, 2012

My sleeping beauties

As Zoey is about to turn 4 months old I realize she is hitting a lot of the same milestones Maja did at her age. Thank goodness for this blog and now more then ever I wish I had blog regularly with Isla :(.
Lately she has been sleeping a ton including going down for the night around 5pm. The other day she took a 3 hr nap in the after noon, stayed awake for about 45 minutes and went down again for what I thought was another nap except she wouldn't wake up! I put her down around 5pm and finally I had to go in and get her at midnight because I really needed her to nurse already!
Another day before that she went from 7:15 to 3:15 and I was so surprised that in the morning I seriously wondered whether I just slept through her being awake or sleepwalked into her room and fed her.
She is also doing great at falling asleep on her own. Recently she had an episode of 25 minutes getting angry at me and I couldn't figure out what her problem was. i knew she was tired and I was trying really hard to get her to fall asleep but nothing was working. I finally put her down and walked away and lo and behold she stopped, put her thumb in her mouth and dozed of. I guess she was just really tired of me and my lame attempts. Strangely enough I wrote a similar story about Maja way back when!!



Isla on the other hand finally moved into Maja's room and I'm finding her in all kind of hilarious places when I check on them at night. Also, it's super cute to hear them giggle and talk at bedtime (sometimes they fight and argue!) I started out by going in and making them get back in bed but lately I've come to the realization that part of a great childhood while room sharing with a sibling is just that... being silly when you're supposed to be sleeping so I've been letting them get away with it and as long as nobody is screaming in pain, using naughty words/voices or coming out of the room I'm good.
She has also been napping really early lately... she actually asks to go to bed around 10:30am and sleeps for about 3 hrs everyday! that makes for a nice and early bedtime at night too even if they still get up around 6:30-7am



Maja is 3.5 now and because Isla is in her room and naps there, I decided that she can stop taking naps now. I will occasionally put her in her bed after isla falls asleep if she is having a particularly crabby day but normally I just let her stay up and play or watch a movie on the Nook

No comments: