So with Aga getting all the fun of waking up for feedings and then I take off for work for ten hours, I have tried to make a point of "taking over" as soon as I get home in the evenings and also for the weekends. Pretty much I clock out from work and then my real career begins. There is a good chance that Aga considers it a double strain on her since now she has her wildebeest of a husband crashing around while he "Takes Care" of the baby.
I have learned more in the last (almost) 4 months with Maja than I have in the last decade in the Nuclear Power Industry. Just a few things I have learned:
-burping is a sport, and if it were an olympic event, I would win a gold
-that no matter what you do to screw her up, your baby still loves you
-however hard the day might be, coming home to a fussy daughter with a poopy diaper is a better therapy than any day spa
-staring at your baby beats staring at the TV... even while she is asleep
-being able to take your daughter in the kitchen to give a cooking lesson and have her hang on to your every word can make you feel like you have found your purpose in life
-Great Beer, Daughter in her #12 Jersey, and the Pack down at Lambeau kicking the snot out of the Bears is the reason God invented football
-the more time I spend around my Daughter, the more I love my Wife
I didn't mean to get all sappy, but having to write about Maja kind of gets me all sentimental. Cynical Jeff will be back later I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment