Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pinto update

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks and little Pinto is already a trouble maker.

So far I've only lost weight which isn't terrible but I only have a few more lbs to go before the Dr starts getting worried since there is no apparent reason why I shouldn't be gaining. The nausea went away a couple of weeks ago and I've been eating much better lately, plus I cut down at least half of our nursing sessions. At least that makes me feel more open to possibly gaining another 50 lbs.

Our worst scare came today when I started bleeding quite a bit. It about gave me a heart attack when the blood started gushing out (light spotting would be normal). The Dr checked me out immediately and even though he didn't find a cause, he thought everything was ok but I'm supposed to check back with the office tomorrow if things don't get better. I'm just taking it easy and pretty much spent the day laying on the couch or in bed... just in case.

Now onto the good stuff!

We had our 1st Trimester Screening done yesterday which is a test that identifies the risk for abnormalities like Trisomies 21, 18 and 13. The results could take several days but we are expecting good news.
Part of the screening includes an ultrasound so we got to take a very good look at Pinto. He (until I'm proven otherwise, I will refer to Pinto as a "he") was pretty uncooperative which just meant the ultrasound had to be quite long and we got some really cool pictures while waiting for him to get in the right position. It's amazing how baby-like he already is, at only about 5 cm. I'll scan the pics as soon as I get a chance.
The heart beat is way faster then Maja's.... she used to hover around 142 bpm and Pinto is already up to 162 bpm. Don't bother looking at the gender predictors based on that... according to those, Maja should have been a boy!

I think that's about all we have on Pinto right now

2 comments:

Karen said...

I hope everything is OK. Keeping you close in thought and prayer. ((HUGS))

Mom & Dad said...

We are all about positive thinking at it's finest... love you guys - mom & dad