Sorry about being MIA but I'll try to catch up on everything soon :)
Let's see... Maja has another tooth coming in (#3, top right-her right) and she is doing really good with table food. We have given her meat and her new favorite is mac&cheese. She has also bitten me a few times while nursing- lovely!
Speaking of breastfeeding, we have introduced formula this month after noticing her getting really hungry even though she got plenty of nursing sessions. I guess the quality of my milk is not as good as it was before I got pregnant. So anyway, we started mixing some formula in her bottles when she turned 8 months and now she is able to take the formula straight up. I was worried she may not like it but she seems fine with it.
I've kept our nighttime nursing sessions and an occasional daytime one. She does seem to enjoy the connection and so do I... I really cherish those moments and I'm really sad our breastfeeding days may soon be over :(.
The formula did seem to have one side effect and it is the lack of pooping again. See, with breastfeeding that's really not an issue but once you start solids and formula that shouldn't be happening. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it but we will be seeing her pediatrician today to check it up. We tried prunes and prune juice and still nothing. Hopefully we will have a giant messy diaper on our hands (she has had little "farts" here and there but they don't count)
What else? She is still waking up a few times per night but goes right back down as soon as she nurses a bit. Lately her wake-up time has been moving up and now she is ready to play at 6am but that's ok... she still goes down at 7pm or even earlier. And since we are using bottles now, Daddy has been able to play a more active part in bedtime which he really enjoys.
Aside her wakings, she is actually great about sleep. She goes down all by herself still which is really nice but I have to admit I wish she needed some "cuddles" more often.
All right she is up from her nap so I gotta go... I'll see if I have some pics to post soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment