Sunday, August 23, 2009

No more formula

Up until last week Maja was still taking at least one (most of the time 2) formula bottles per day. We weren't in much hurry to stop since she did have a bit of a hard time with not breastfeeding anymore plus she just went through a short "I don't want to eat much" stage.

Anyway, she has been taking cow's milk with HoneyNut Cheerios in the mornings and she likes it warm like me but I always thought it was mostly because the cheerios make it really sweet because when we gave her some in a cup she wouldn't drink much. I knew she doesn't like things cold but I never thought she'd like plain warm milk.

Well the other day she was kind of fussy and I realized I forgot to go to the store and only had enough formula for the bedtime bottle so we decided to warm up some cow's milk and what do you know she drank the WHOLE thing... 5 oz!! we did it again at bedtime that evening and ever since she has been drinking a ton of it and loves it!

We will eventually drop the bottles and try it in a sippy but she is doing so well with it now that it doesn't bother us.

No comments: