Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cleaning up

You know those people that never throw stuff away?? well, that's me with pictures. I keep EVERY SINGLE ONE! if it makes it into the computer, it never gets deleted and I finally maxed it out... gotta delete and back up.
So that's what I'm doing tonight... so far I deleted a few thousands... yep, thousands of photos that don't need to be here and I'm not even close to being done.  Also, since I shoot in RAW format I'm having to convert everything to jpeg before I throw it into the "backup" pile.

And when I'm done with this, there's about 30.000 pictures on Jeff's computer that I need to go through. Not fun!

But I learned my lesson and now so far this month I have only kept the good ones.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am the exact same way. I am always on the verge of my computer crashing because I have no space left on the start up disk.

I have to go get some disks so I can start putting pictures on disks, in case of emergency! Right now, I only have photos from Evie's first two years on my computer, nothing from before Feb 5, 2008.

Good luck with your clean up.