Isla took 4 steps today!!!! unfortunately I couldn't catch it on video.
What's funny about it is that I had "just" spent about 30 mins trying to follow her with a camera in hand because I knew she was ready and I was trying to coax her with toys and snacks... she didn't fall for any of it! so I gave up, put away the camera and sat on the floor with her.
She was being all cute giggling at me, chewing on a toy and holding on to her bouncer and all of the sudden she let go and stood there on her own for a few seconds (which she has done before) and started waking towards me!!! took 4 whole steps before she thought she was close enough to me and just reached out and fell!!!
9.5 months!!!! crazy, isn't it?
and after that, I spent another 30 minutes trying to get her to repeat it for the camera but she had no interest at all. Watch, she will be like Maja who first roll from back to belly at 4 months and then didn't do it again for another 5 months.
All I know is her walking makes my life easier. She wants to be everywhere Maja goes and sometimes the floors of those places are just so gross and there's no way I want to let her crawl on them so this is going to be so much nicer. Now, if I could only find all of the small soft sole shoes we'd be golden... I think they are all packed away in storage and it will be a pain to find them in there :(
No comments:
Post a Comment