Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Allergies Suck!

So today was the 3rd baby doctor visit that we have had since the last one I told you all about. As you might have guessed, they were all pretty uneventful. We have fell into a routine of walking in, Aga gets weighed, then we listen to the baby heartbeat for a minute. This is followed by some small talk, then we go home.

Oh sure there are some funny detours. The last visit, Aga got a diabetes test. This consisted of them giving her a bottle of some pretty sweet Kool-Aid type stuff, waiting for an hour, and then taking her blood sugar levels. The greatest part was when they handed her the drink, they warned her that it was pretty sweet and that sometimes it makes people feel nauseous. 23 seconds later, Aga is sitting there, empty bottle in hand, licking her lips and I kid you not, making the comment that it could use more sugar.

I always had the impression that Polish people only do that type of depraved binge drinking when there is Vodka and some sort of celebration. Although from personal experience I can honestly say that under the right circumstances, her family considers breakfast a celebration. Heck, when her people invented their shot-glasses, they didn't even see the need to put a flat bottom on them. As this would only imply that it is an okay thing to put down a full drink. I once read that the only thing that kept the Polish people from taking over all of Europe was that they learned how to make Vodka. In one of the many "My Big Fat Polish Wedding" moments I have had with her side of the family, I learned that Vodka was invented in Poland. Not Russia, as so many people believe.

Yet again, the Wife is not amused by me turning her Baby Blog into a "Tell People What You Learned That One Time When You Got Blind-Drunk With Her Cousin". I just wanted to point out to Darry that I did not forget those lessons.

Pretty much the only other cool thing that has happened is that we got confirmation that I am getting a job in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Enough of the crazy hot summers here in the ATL. But it means that we are moving when Aga is 36 weeks along. Actually, I will be going out there early to secure living arrangements (a.k.a buying a house) and then Aga will drive out around the 4th of July with her Mom. This has me just a teensy bit freaked out. Aga has had to stop me from threatening Maja on a couple of occasions. I just want her to understand that under no circumstances is she allowed to come before they show up in Green Bay and we have our own Doctor. So far she hasn't been the greatest listener, but maybe if I say it louder she will start.

Oh Yeah, We got a bad ass vacuum the other day. It's a keeper.

Until next time....

No comments: