So Aga is off in the Pacific Northwest this weekend to visit friends and family. I really wish I could be there, but with the big move coming up, we agreed that wouldn't be too wise. Also, I know it means the world to her to be able to get some attention on her big 'ole belly. She does need to work on her "I'm across the country while 30 weeks pregnant which freaks Jeff out" skills. I already covered the fact that I really don't enjoy sleeping with her gone, only now I am starting to hate it. So last night, I actually got to sleep at a decent hour. This was a Good Thing. At about 2am I woke up to a bunch of noise. Immediately I jumped out of bed, ready to fight off the impending ninja attack, only to find out that it was my cell phone.
"Why in the world would she call at 2 am?" was the question that turned my stomach into a ball of stone. So I answered the phone and immediately heard Aga say "you won't believe what just happened". The ball of rock turned into ice at that point. I took 3 milliseconds to restart my heart, remember to breathe, and take off running in random directions. What followed was a lot of me babbling some gibberish in a really loud voice until Aga could calm me down enough to tell me that everything is fine, and that running around a house while naked wouldn't do the neighbors any favors either.
What had happened is that a couple of her friends had gotten together and thrown a surprise baby shower for the Wife at a restaurant out in Seattle. To Maki, Kara, and Colindra..... Thank you. I just wanted to say that those girls really made Aga a Happy Momma. Family parties are great and all, but having Friends that would do something like that is really special. And next time I see any of you will be the day of one of the best hugs you will have ever gotten.
1 comment:
OK Jeff does your new job in Green Bay got something to do with writing.:] I think writing books is in your future, your writing is very funny and very creative. I'm sure Maja will love all those little stories from before she was born. Good luck with your new job.Margaret von Gosia
Post a Comment