Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I might just go crazy

We finally picked out a glider/rocker for the nursery but realized that we won't be around when it arrives here (GA) in 6-8 weeks and shipping to Green Bay would cost $150-$200 on top of that plus we would need to arrange for it ourselves and that's just something we don't want to deal with. So I've been calling stores in WI who carry the brand trying to figure out if they can even order it.
Well, every single one of them up there called me back saying that the style/fabric combination I'm looking for isn't available and the manufacturer just won't make it. What??? I saw this chair in person... I sat in it... it exists!! and that was after I had to convince them that the style we want also exists. The chair comes with hidden footrest option but we didn't want it and everyone tried telling me it's impossible to get it without. Whatever!
Anyway,after they finally agreed that the style is in fact available, they tried telling me it only comes in leather or microfiber which isn't something we want either, plus all of them quoted us $200+ then anyone else here in GA and I even called Chicago, Portland and California!
Jeff was willing to drive down to Chicago to pick it up but I gave it one more try and called Minneapolis... turnes out they can get the right combo for us for much less!! Yeah! so tomorrow, I'll be putting in the order and he will pick it up when it's ready :).
This is what we are getting in the fabric swatch below. This chair glides (no, really... it does! it's hard to tell, I know) and the back reclines at the same time and it's soo comfy.


No comments: