Friday, July 18, 2008

Spent the morning at the Dr's office

Well... we made it 38 weeks without having to go in for an emergency visit. I guess we were bound to have a scare at some point.

This morning after breakfast I was watching TV and realized I hadn't felt Maja in a long time... in fact, she was unusually mellow over night and normally she will move around while I go to the bathroom which is like 10 times per night.
So I went upstairs and tried all my regular tricks and couldn't get her to move... not even slightly. After over 30 mins she finally shifted very, very slowly and then nothing for another half hour.
I called the Dr and they had me come in to do a NST test. For the first 15 mins of it, there was nothing again which isn't good. Finally they poked and buzzed the heck out of her, which I guess woke her up and she ended up passing the darn thing.
They said she was alright but I should call them back if something like this happens again.
One thing is sure though... seeing your Dr get worried about something is not fun!!

Click here to find out what an NST test is

1 comment:

Seattle Delta Gamma said...

Okay Maja, you need to behave yourself and not scare mom and dad. Bet you were just too busy resting after packing your things since mom sent you an eviction notice! Any ways a good day to move out is the 25th...just 41/2 more days. =)