So I am going to try to catch you up on all the fun since my last post.
At the loan closing, I had Aga's power of attorney. So not only did I have to sign my own name 50 times, I also had to write "Agnieszka M O'Neil, By Jeffrey D O'Neil, as her Attorney in Fact" where Aga's name goes. Also 50 times. My own name was pretty simple, after the Navy my own signature is little more than just a line with illusions of grandeur. However, writing down the consonant-laden monstrosity that is my wife's name was a bit taxing on my brain. It was honestly like getting hit in the nuts... No matter how much you prepare yourself, you just can't do it smoothly without a lot of tears.
After all that was finished, I got the keys to our new house. Eager to have my own place, I drove there immediately. I ended up sleeping on the floor for the first 2 nights, but that was alright because it was my floor. Basically my whole life for the next 5 days revolved around getting the house ready for my wife and child. She got here about 15 minutes until midnight on that Wednesday night.
From what I hear, my mother in law is a bit of a speed demon. Kosmo and Luna got out a little wild eyed, I never knew dogs had the ability to actually kiss the ground. It was kinda strange, but it was as if the dog's kinda understood that this was home. There really wasn't a whole lot of sniffing around. They just walked in and accepted everything as theirs. You're welcome guys.
The next couple of days were awesome. As you can see we finished Maja's room, although I'm not really sure of what to make of Aga's line about the shelves I put up. I quote "They are very sturdy (hold his weight)". Hold my weight? What is she trying to say? I know I am not exactly the most svelte creature God has ever put on this earth, but I am not exactly Bob with the bitch-tits from Fight Club (his name was Robert Paulson). Now all I can think is that every time we go shopping, in the back of her mind is "yeah, they are nice... how can I get Jeff to sit on them". Like holding me up is the new gold standard in furniture quality. Then again, who knows? She just might have started something. In 300 years people just may be watching out for a high Jeff's per dollar ratio when looking for a new credenza. I will say this though, they look AWESOME.
Last Tuesday, we had another Maja appointment. It was Zofia's last day here, so she was able to attend. I think she enjoyed it a lot when they put the heartbeat monitor on. We got to meet our new doctor. This one is male, which I wasn't so sure of. I didn't mind Dr. Brand so much, she was very nice and patient with the two of us. But I guess in the back of my head it was never a question that we would NOT have a female doctor. So my imagination was running a little wild with the stereotypical image of a male gynecologist. And yes I know, he is an Obstetrician slash Gynecologist, but I said MY imagination, not yours. And MY imagination had this guy jumping out of a convertible Mercedes, wearing a white sports jacket with the sleeves pushed up ala Miami Vice all while "Call Me" from Blondie was playing in the background. I'm not a jealous man, but I am a man, and there was a conscious effort on my part not to slap the taste out of his mouth during the exam. Honestly, the guy was fantastic. He was very professional and a bit soft spoken, so he got to live. And for all the Ladies reading this (which is probably everyone reading this); yes, Your husband had this exact thing floating through his head. Welcome to our world, we know he is a Doctor and should be trusted, but we also know he is a Man, and therefore should be treated with suspicion. Hell, during our own physicals there is always a brief flash of "wait a minute" when the trousers drop.
Since then, we have just been getting settled in our new house and getting used to our new schedules. Hopefully there is only about a week or two until Maja gets here, stay tuned for more on what happens in between.
After re-reading that last line a couple of times I now see how absolutely cheesey it was, and for that I apologize to everybody.
No comments:
Post a Comment