Thursday, October 30, 2008

More about Atlanta

Tuesday came around and it was time to join Liam at school for "Grandparents and Special Friend's Day". Maja and I really enjoyed reading books and getting to know Valentine, the class bunny, among other things.
During the morning, I had a little "worst Mommy of the world" moment... my name tag got stuck to Maja's head which obviously made her freak out and more so when I had to pull it off... poor girl lost quite a bit of hair that came right off with the sticker. I felt so horrible; it's not like she has any to spare and I hurt her on top of it :(.

Late that morning it was time for Nestie Baby Halloween get-together. Several Mommies from a group I belonged to in Atlanta gathered at a local cafe to show off their babies and I couldn't miss it :). It was great to see some old friends and meet a few new faces plus all the kiddos born this summer. Here are some photos from the event:

Maja and myself with Michelle and Evie:


Noah, Maja, Evie and Colin:


Easton attempting to take a bite of Maja:


Audrey and Grant's costumes were pretty awesome:


Maja was so exhausted from all the fun that she passed out in the afternoon and slept for hours so we spent the rest of the day around the house.

Our flight back home was Wednesday morning and after getting one last snuggle from Liam and Chloe:


it was time to get to the airport. As usual, that was quite stressful... as it seems to be the norm these days we got delayed coming out of Atlanta. I swear, every single flight I've taken out of there in the last year has been delayed for one reason or another.
Maja didn't seem to mind too much though and after waiting patiently she decided to take a little nap:



This time around I took my car seat on the plane with us and it turned out to be great. If you ever find yourself traveling with an infant seat, ask if the plane is full and if not.. take the seat along with you. It really makes a world of difference being able to put the baby down someplace comfortable for them.


Soon after those photos were taken she drifted off to sleep and even I got to catch a little nap :)

We got to Milwaukee so late that we almost missed our connection to Green Bay. Luckily they held the plane for us and we were able to make it home on time!

We had a great time visiting with everyone and are looking forward to our Seattle/Portland trip over Thanksgiving!

No comments: