Tuesday, April 28, 2009

IT IS OFFICIAL!!!

Maja has been "talking" for a few weeks now. The usual "mamadadanana" type of crap. Today at about 11:32 we got our first "I know what I am saying" type of word. I stayed home from work (still feeling sick), so when Aga went to take a shower, I got to have a little Daddy time with Maja. So we practiced walking around, and played with toys for a bit until she decided that it was time for me to carry her. To be quite honest she was kinda fussy for some reason, so I took her to the mirror. This usually solves everything as she LOVES looking at reflections. Well today she got giggly (as usual), then in a very clear and concise voice, looked at me and grinned and said

"Dada".

WAHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!

I mean, dude, that was no babbly string of syllables that she says just because I say it 500 times in a row to her every day (I do). This was her actually labeling me as "Dada" and judging by the smile on her face, thats a pretty cool thing in her head. Greatest sick day ever.

3 comments:

The Harris' said...

Congrats Dada!!! We hope Aga and the peanut are doing well. Haven't heard any news, so we can assume they are doing just fine??

Hope you feel better soon Jeff

Janel

Izabella said...

Yay Daddy!

Unknown said...

It only gets better Daddy! I'm so happy that all is going well.

Joannie